SENIOR DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT | YUM! BRANDS, INC. | SMARTSOURCING | LOUISVILLE, KY | 12/96–10/98
After being heavily recruited for this position, Mark initiated profitable collaboration between departments traditionally at odds.
“Mark quickly pinpointed where our supply chain could be tightened, and he confidently directed the implementation of centralizing strategies. Both suppliers and vendors respond well to his leadership.”
– Bonnie Keith | Former V.P. of Worldwide Procurement, Yum! Brands
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AT YUM! BRANDS, INC. [Former owner of Tricon, the world’s most extensive restaurant system]
> Improved Operational Efficiency
- Developed channels for productive, continuous dialogue between executives, subordinates, and suppliers. These feedback loops enabled the successful development of Yum! Brands’ innovative “SmartSourcing” concept.
- Assembled and led multi-disciplinary teams to enhance profitability, increase sales, speed up service, improve product consistency, increase menu variety, and simplify operations.
> Generated Bottom-Line Improvements and Doubled the Projected Savings
- Surpassed stretch target requested by management for cost-reduction in purchases. Within one year, doubled the 10% goal to an actual savings of 20% on total spend.
- Designed and implemented an innovative, repeatable reporting process to objectively evaluate supplier performance and facilitate ongoing opportunities for cost savings and quality control.