EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SUPPLIER QUALITY & FOOD/BEVERAGES | MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL | STRATEGIC SOURCING GROUP | LAS VEGAS, NV | 10/06–4/09
Mark was recruited to this newly revitalized purchasing group as one of five directors reporting to the CPO — and he was the only one asked to spearhead first-ever, enterprise-wide purchasing processes, like contract management, P-cards, and supplier-performance management. He was promoted in 2007 to also oversee all of food and beverage. In that role, Mark implemented strategies to strengthen the vendor base and reduce spend by $10 million over a 12-month period.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AT MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL [World-leading hotel/gaming company with $3 billion of total spend]
> Cut $110 million in costs
- Developed and implemented enterprise-wide policies and procedures to help category managers achieve $110 million in savings.
> Led major process improvements
- Established a supplier relationship management program from the ground up—from developing the framework, identifying KPIs and implementing performance-management software to launching the program and fostering buy-in throughout the enterprise.
- Improved productivity throughout the Strategic Sourcing Group by improving business intelligence, honing communication procedures and standardizing reporting.
- Led the implementation of P-cards and contract management software, as well as a purchasing toolkit.
- Initiated and led a cross-functional team to oversee contract lifecycles.
- Trained and developed team members to excel with the new systems.