FOUR POSITIONS RELATED TO THE MCDONALD’S SUPPLY CHAIN
[One of the world’s most well-known brands and two of its key suppliers]
DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING, SIMPLOT FOOD GROUP | J.R. SIMPLOT COMPANY
Boise, ID | 6/94-11/96
- Led Purchasing to a hard-dollar savings of over $12 million in FY96 alone and another $11 million in value-added/cost-avoidance savings.
- Spearheaded a company-wide effort to build a base of “self-managed” suppliers. Overcame internal resistance and generated avid supporters of the process.
PURCHASING DEVELOPMENT MANAGER | MCDONALD’S CORPORATION
Milwaukee, WI | 6/92-5/94
- Led the initiative to distribute food products efficiently; saved $1 million/yr.
- Led task force to improve toy distribution; reduced complaints 70%; improved the bottom-line by $10,000 per restaurant.
- Achieved a 2-year reduction of more than $3 million annually, through freight/distribution improvements.
WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS MANAGER, INT’L PURCHASING DEPT. | MCDONALD’S CORPORATION
Oakbrook, IL | 4/91-6/92
- Consolidated container imports into Central America; reduced total freight costs by more than $2 million annually.
FIELD SERVICE REP/CORPORATE LIAISON | GOLDEN STATE FOODS
City of Industry, CA | 9/88-3/91