DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT | DINEEQUITY/APPLEBEE’S/IHOP | FOUR GLOBAL REGIONS | 1/10 – 2014
Mark was originally hired as a consultant to address Applebee’s Canadian business. He was soon asked to oversee all international purchasing and supplier-management for Applebees. He helped reduce Canadian food costs by over 300 basis points (9% total cost reduction) within the first 12 months and was then called upon to also support DineEquity’s international supply chain for IHOP.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AT APPLEBEE’S [International bar-and-grill chain/World’s largest full-service restaurant company]
> Cut more than $1.2 million in costs
- Delivered a cost savings of nine percent ($1.2 million) in one of Applebees’ four global regions (Canada) within the first 12 months, as a consultant.
> Leads four global teams
- Was then asked to oversee all four global regions. Was then also pulled into strategic supply-side planning for DineEquity’s second chain, IHOP.
> Saved over $1.75 million through process improvements
- Strengthened partnerships and expectations with key suppliers and distributors, resulting in $500K in annualized savings.
- Created an International Sourcing Council that has reduced store-delivered pricing by $700K.
- Performed a Distribution RFP, which ultimately lowered food costs on distributor-sourced items by $300K and delivered another $90,000 in value-add.
- Identified products that could be imported from current U.S. Applebees suppliers at a savings of $160K.